Sunday 7 September 2008

Linking words


* I tried my best but I cannot understand the fourth sentence. Some one help me please.

1. She wasn't very rich. She gave money to the beggar. (although)
Although she was not very rich, she gave money to the beggar.


2. He left early. He wanted to arrive on time. (so that)
He left early so that he wanted to arrive on time.


3. I don't earn a big salary. But if I did, I wouldn't buy a car. (even if)
Even if I earn a big salary I would not buy a car.

4. Take a sandwich. There might be no restaurant. (in case)


5. There was a lot of noise. He managed to sleep. (despite)
Despite the noise he managed to sleep.

6. Sue likes Opera. Joe prefers jazz. (They have different tastes.) (whereas)
Sue likes opera whereas Joe prefers jazz.

7. He had the 'flu. He went to work. (in spite of)
In spite of the flu, he went to work.

8. You have to put the alarm on. If not, it won't work. (unless)
Unless you have to put the alarm on it will not work.

1 comment:

Perlovart said...

2. He left early so that he could arrive on time.
4. Take a sandwich in case there is no restaurant.
7. In spite of having the flu, he went to work.
8. Unless you put the alarm on, it will not work.

Hope that you are okie there :)