Monday 24 November 2008

London on my mind


Today is the fifth month since I first arrived in London. It is not a short time. However, what did I do with my first three months? I did nothing, I had just stayed at home and counted the months before I could come back home.
Knowing that I just go around Holloway road, my teacher told me to think of London as my Holloway road and Morrison super market. What did happen to me during the first days? I was depressed, which I could not recognize.

I should say thanks to my teacher, who helped me get to know more about London. I have had a chance to witness the beauty of Thames River by ship. I also stopped at Greenwich Park that covered 74 hectares with several historic buildings. This was also a meaningful time when once again I found something stimulated inside of me.

Last weekend I had a great time at Victoria and Albert museum. And I thought that maybe, I will visit this museum again. The day ended with a cup of tea at my friend’s house in the atmosphere of some classical melodies.

Some weeks ago, my Japanese friend asked me what would never make me feel bored. It was impossible for me to answer her. However, it seems that now, I have known what it is (???).
I also had a great time this weekend. I walked in the park with my dear and enjoyed a cup of tea with him. Although I told him some silly things he still listened to me patiently with his gentle smile and then we laughed together. After that we went to the Farm market which is only held in Saturday morning. It looks like the market in my country and this made me miss my mom and my country so much. Nevertheless, I still felt so happy and warm.

Strangely enough, I have now realised that my love for London is growing gradually.

No comments: