Wednesday 24 December 2008

What is conflict?

Conflict is a process that occurs between two or more persons (groups, organizations, states) when they have different points of views, different goals, different needs and values, and they fight over limited resources to address them.

Although we have sometimes tried to avoid conflict which still happens as an essential of life. I am writing an assignment on conflict management and I am stuck on the ideas and do not know how to develop them. This makes me worried because I may miss the submission of this module.

Where does conflict arise? It seems that I can get some ideas after a small argument with my sweetheart.

Conflict may come from communication problems which include language barrier, different culture and individual’s expectations.

Today, I really miss my dear after ten days I have not met him. However, I had a wrong way to show my feeling. That is because I impose my mind on his mind. I always expect him to act the same as me. Nevertheless, in fact, whether we are a family, a group or a couple, each one has his or her own ideas and as well as a separate way to resolve an issue.

Moreover, conflict also exists inside anyone which we have encountered some difficuties dealing with ourselves before giving decision.

Needless to say, conflict is inevitable. It may not only bring some negative impacts but also positive impacts. Why do not we open our mind in front of a situation? Why did not I spend time observing others before I give my thinking? Therefore, I am now thinking about conflict as a tool to get to know more about others.

Conflict is a huge and exciting topic that I am really interested in. This is a small paragraph that I want to share my ideas. Therefore, I hope I will receive comments from you, especially conflict management. I will post my final essay in two weeks.

No comments: