Tuesday 5 August 2008

Relative clause

I. Theory.
Which, who, whom, whose, when, that and where are ''relative pronouns'' when they are used not only as pronouns but also as conjunctions to join 2 sentences or clauses.
Eg: My friend is Marie. She is a girl I want to introduce to you.
---> My friend is Marie who is a girl I want to introduce to you.
In this sentence ''who'' replace ''she'' , '' who '' also refers to Marie.

II. Exercise.
1. Here are the papers that you were looking for.
2. I like travel every place that has own natural beauty.
3.The table at the corner of my house, which my father used over 10 years ago, needs to be changed.
4. I will never forget the day when I first went to work.
5. Do you remember the address of the book shop where we bought some books last week?
6. He has married somebody whom I really do not like.

No comments: